Multiple users logon issue

Mar 27, 2013 at 1:45 PM
Hello,

I am new to Project Trident. I am currently facing problem which I could not solve. Before I install Project Trident, I had already installed SQL Server 2008 Developer edition. After I install Project Trident on the same workstation where the SQL server is installed, everything seems to be working without issue. Then, I tried to install Project Trident on another computer running Windows 7. The installation is successful and connection to the database is successful. However, when I try to launch the Project Trident on the first machine, it generates an "user not authorized" error. Both computer are logged in to the database with different username and both machines are having different account credential, different IP addresses, and different hostname. The problem exists if I reinstall Project Trident on my first computer and try to launch the application on second computer, same error popped out.

Can anyone guide me for this problem?
Apr 9, 2013 at 11:19 AM
The machines log on credentials should have access right over the other machine. The users should be added on both the machines as admins.
Oct 22, 2013 at 10:24 AM
Hi,

I faced exactly same problem, then I realized that I have not read the installation instructions properly. We need to add the user in trident registry using Management studio, who is going to install and use trident, before we take up the installation on another computer.