Create Trident Activity with VS2010

Jan 22, 2013 at 6:30 PM

HI,

I am new to Trident,  I was trying the  create HelloWorld Trident Activity example using VS2010.  The project doesn't create .cs but xml.  Can you help as How i can create Trident Activity using VS2010.

thanks

abahrami

Jan 22, 2013 at 6:47 PM
abahrami wrote:

HI,

I am new to Trident,  I was trying the  create HelloWorld Trident Activity example using VS2010.  The project doesn't create .cs but xml.  Can you help as How i can create Trident Activity using VS2010.

thanks

abahrami

OK When I change the to .Net Framework 3.5 it worked!

Jan 23, 2013 at 8:56 AM

Great! But remember, the Trident, avialable for download is built upon .net framework 4. So, you can upgrade your projects/solutions to .NET 4 to work with latest build.

-Regards

Jan 23, 2013 at 1:12 PM
Hi abhisheks,
I have downloaded the 1.2.1 is there another version? What I did was to change the .Net framework to 3.5 then create workflow activity then change it back to .Net Framework 4! is that correct procedure? took me could hours to do this. We are also working on connecting that to Haddoop. If you are aware of any sample project with Hadoop I am very much interested.
Best
abahrami

Sent: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 1:57 AM
Subject: Re: Create Trident Activity with VS2010 [tridentworkflow:430484]

Great! But remember, the Trident, avialable for download is built upon .net framework 4. So, you can upgrade your projects/solutions to .NET 4 to work with latest build.

-Regards

Jan 24, 2013 at 6:28 AM

No, you should develop the activities on .NET 4 framework/platform. All the Dlls you are using should be of version 4 (v4.0.30319). It should be found at C:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\.NETFramework\v4.0 and the Trident assemblies from the Trident installation.

Good luck!