Creating and using new Trident registries

Aug 6, 2012 at 4:33 AM

I am trying to create an alternate Trident registry (a new database) and use it. This new registry should be just like the one the installer first creates (populated with the default activities/workflows only).

I have tried several approaches:

1. Running the database install code (found in the Trident installer source code to create tables/users/load default activities and workflows etc).

2. Exporting the data from a "clean" registry and importing it into a new one (table by table using SQL).

3. Exporting the data from a "clean" registry and importing it into a new one (SQL database backup and restore).

In each case my new registry appears to be the same as the original (except for its name and the internal database GUID's are different when I use method 1), so I am reasonably confident that my databases are essentially the same. I can connect to my new registry using the Composer and everything seems normal until I go to execute a workflow (for testing I use the default built-in workflow "Ocean Current"). After clicking run, the system waits and times-out until I get the "Job still pending...do you want to wait?" message. I can run the same workflow without any issues using the "original" registry.

Have I missed a step or am I missing some configuration setting somewhere which would cause this to happen?

Thanks

Aug 6, 2012 at 11:39 AM

Hi,

There is a sample application with step by step documentation on how to use external registry and sql external registry on the sample page.

Sample explaining the feature External registry reference

Please let me know if this helps you.

Regards,
Trident Support Team