Biology Activities

Oct 1, 2010 at 1:30 PM

Hi,

I am very interested in Trident. Unfortunately I cannot find the activities regarding the MBF methods. E.G. I would like to import fasta files and process them.

Kind regards,
Dirk Starke

Oct 4, 2010 at 10:26 AM

Hi Dirk Starke,

Thank you for showing interest in Trident. 

Activities related to the MBF methods could be found with the latest version of the MBF installer. You can download the latest version of the MBF installer from http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads/304eb276-8ed2-4cf9-ae1d-e48c38ba94b5/.

For using these activities in Trident, you need install latest version of MBF installer in complete mode. For more information on how to install the MBF please refer the MBF CodePlex site.

Once you have finished the installation you need to import the file “MBF.Workflow.dll”(this file could be found in the following path %programfiles%\Microsoft Biology Initiative\1.0\MBF\SDK\Samples\TridentWorkflows ) to Trident. For more details on how to import custom activities to Trident please refer the document http://tridentworkflow.codeplex.com/Project/Download/FileDownload.aspx?DownloadId=153345.

Code for these activities have been uploaded to MBF CodePlex site. Please download the code and look into the following path “$\MBF\Samples\MBF.Workflow”.

Please feel free to let us know if you have any further questions/issues.
Thanks and regards,
Support Team.

Oct 7, 2010 at 7:53 AM

Hi Dirk Starke,

Can you please let us know if the response answered your questions?

Thanks,
Trident Support Team

Oct 7, 2010 at 6:34 PM

Hello,

so far I found the MBF activities, yes. My current problem is that of the mysterious exception described in discussion "Trident could not execute workflow". I will try to respond to your requests there as soon as possible. (Unfortunately I have to work on another project now.) I wonder if that exception might occur because Trident is a 64 bit system and the MBF is 32 bit? (Is MBF a 32 bit DLL?)

But thank you for staying interested in that issue of mine.

Kind regards,
     Dirk

Oct 8, 2010 at 1:26 PM

Hi Dirk Stake,

We are looking into your question. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Please let us know if you have any further questions/issues.
Thanks,
Trident Support Team

Oct 11, 2010 at 12:41 PM

Hi Dirk, 

<<Is MBF a 32 bit DLL>>
Yes, MBF is a 32 bit DLL.  

<<I wonder if that exception might occur because Trident is a 64 bit system and the MBF is 32 bit>>
The <<Trident could not execute workflow>> exception is thrown only when the interactive workflow are executed in the 64 bit OS. We have already logged a bug for this issue. You can please follow this bug for more information. 

But when we tried to execute the workflows (with MBF activities) in non-interactive mode, the workflow executes to completion without any exception in both 32 bit and 64 bit OS.

Please let us know if this answers your questions.
Thanks,
Trident Support Team

Oct 28, 2010 at 3:02 PM

Hi Dirk,

Can you please let us know if our response solved your questions?

Thanks,
Trident Support Team

Jan 25, 2011 at 1:26 PM

Hi,

We have not heard back from you for a long time and we hope this means your question has been answered. We are marking the thread as closed.

Please let us know in case you have any further questions/concerns.

Regards,
Trident Support Team