Free canvas

Aug 24, 2010 at 11:17 PM

Hi, there

Trident puts all activities in one line when we design a workflow.  In some cases, if we are building a big workflow, it is not very convienent, we have to scroll right and left to connect the different actvities.

I am wondering whether it is possible to have a free canvas that we can drag activities to anywhere?  Or as an alternatvice, can we let the workflow box automatically wrap at the end of screen?

Cheers

Aug 26, 2010 at 5:08 AM

Hi, 

In Trident latest release on Codeplex we don’t have any free canvas where we can drag activities.

Regarding your query - <<if we are building a big workflow, it is not very convienent, we have to scroll right and left to connect the different actvities.>>  

You can use the subsection feature of trident that is designed to group activities as one entity. You can collapse/expand a sub section.  
When you collapse a subsection it will hide all activities inside the subsection and shows a place holder.

To create a sub section of group of activities you need to select the activities which have to be grouped. Then right click on selected activities and then click “create sub section” menu.

Hope this answers your question.
Thanks,
Trident Support Team

Aug 30, 2010 at 1:15 AM

Hi,

Can you please let us know if our reply answered you queries?

Thanks,
Trident Support Team.

Aug 30, 2010 at 1:27 AM

Yes, it does.

I am still thinking whether I can modify codes to make the little box which is created by clicking "new workflow" to be wrapped at the end of screen.

^_^