Advice on updating the assemblies in an already composed workflow

Aug 19, 2011 at 1:46 AM

Hi,

I am rebuilding a Trident registry using XOML workflow definitions and activity assemblies. That works mostly fine. However if workflows have subsections and more importantly workflow parameters defined, that information is, as expected, lost between registry rebuilding iterations. As I use nested workflows (batch workflows) I need to retain the workflow parameter definitions.

I am considering exporting, then unzipping TWPs, replacing the .dll files, rezip and import. After a first assessment this looks doable. One thing I am not sure is the specification of ChunkSize for the assembly, which seems to be used around line 77 of Trident\Product\DataLayer\Providers\DataLayerProvOPC\OPCTridentBlboHandlers\OPCAssemblImageHandler.cs (GetAssemblyImageContents). I suspect I'll have bugs if I ignore this.

Let me know if this approach is sound, or alternative ones. Any advice on possible stumbling blocks would be appreciated.

Cheers

Aug 22, 2011 at 9:12 AM
Hi,

Thanks for your post.
We are investigating into this. We will post you on the updates shortly.

Regards,
Trident Support Team
Aug 30, 2011 at 1:52 PM

Hi,

Apologies for the delayed response.
The process your are following for rebuilding the registry is sound and it will not give any issue or loss of data. The assembly name should not have any discrepancies while replacing.

The chunk size is used to get the assemblies in parts from the back-end which could be located on cloud. Its value should not be modified.

You can go ahead with this process for rebuilding the Trident registry.

-Regards