Silverlight based workflow Composer?

Aug 9, 2011 at 9:28 PM

Hi guys, excellent work on this project. I definitely see large chunks of this solution applied in other problem domains.

I particulary like the workflow designer (composer) but I would like it better if it were Web based, or at least Silverlight based.

I have read some PPTs talking about the project roadmap and a Silverlight Composer was there (for Milestone 5, if I recall correctly), so...   any plans to go for it?  It was abandoned? Anyone trying to do it?

Thanks in advance,

Agv

Aug 10, 2011 at 12:21 PM

Hi,

Thanks for showing interest in Trident.

There is no development going on for Trident currently. So, when the new features or components or plugins will be released is beyond any plan.

Yes, there were separate Trident plug-ins for SharePoint and MS Word, but there release has been hold because they had issues.

We will keep you updated when any such release is scheduled.

-Regards

Aug 11, 2011 at 3:20 AM

Thanks a lot for the response. If there is no planned development for this I would think the best option to keep it alive and updated is to encourage community development, and release whatever beta or incomplete software you guys have for the community to take it and give it some use.

What do you think? any chance of that happening any time soon?

Thanks and regards,

Agv

Aug 12, 2011 at 6:20 AM

We will surely consider your suggestions but cannot give any timeline on this.

Also, for Silverlight part, you need to install Trident with the Silverlight option selected to see the Silverlight version of the Trident Composer which runs in a browser. This implementation is very basic and does not provide all the functionality offered by the Trident Composer.

Also, as an open source the Silverlight client is available which you can download from the Source code tab. You can work on this default implementation and may go further to customize at your will, for example to work in under SharePoint or MS Office.

The Silverlight code is placed under..\tridentworkflow-63690\Trident\Product\TridentWebClient.

Please let me know of any questions.

-Regards