Major problem when multiple users are accessing the same registry

Jun 8, 2011 at 1:59 AM

Hi,

I have a rather urgent query. Preparing for a workshop, Tests show that when several users access in parallel to a virtual machine (using remote desktop), and they execute a workflow that launches an external application (e.g. pop up visualization), the display ends up on another user's window... with his/her credentials, looking through the task manager. The test users are all local admins, but I suspect this would be the same for lower priviledge users.

This is rather a rather scary behavior.

If anyone has a quick advice on this issue, please send it ASAP.

I'll diagnose further to have a clearer picture.

Cheers

Jun 8, 2011 at 7:36 AM

I think I found a "fix" (though probably not the right one for the longer term. The isssue is that the TridentExecutorTray.exe processes of each users is polling the blackboard for jobs. In the method: It polls all the jobs to run, irrespective of the credentials associated with the job.

Microsoft.Research.eResearch.WFServiceLibrary.WFServiceScheduler.ProcessCurrentJob()

List<Job> pendingJobs = ThreadBase.GetJobsToRun(machine);

I added the credential checks in the method code, based on strinc comparison of the domain\username string. Does the job, but I am pretty sure this should be handled another way. Are there ways to customise the policies for job dispatching and filtering?

Advice welcome, or ideas for how it should be done if the mechanisms are not already in place?

Cheers