While Activity

May 13, 2011 at 5:12 PM

I don't see a While activity.

This seems to be a basic pattern, and i'm surprised it is not packaged in Trident. Is there any sample or package that contains such activity ?

Thank you,

Xavier

May 16, 2011 at 12:14 PM

Hi Xavier,

Please download the source code of the Trident from the Source Code tab to get a sample while activity.
A set of control flow activities are placed under the ...\tridentworkflow-63690\Trident\Product\Activities\TridentControlFlowActivities folder.

Please let us know if you have any further query/concern.

Regards,
Support Team

May 16, 2011 at 1:44 PM

ok, so I have to build it myself which is not too convenient.

After building the project TridentControlFlowActivities.csproj alone, and importing it in the Workflow Composer, I don't see the While activity in the Control Flow section.

I noticed that several classes especially the WhileBranch have this attribute  [HideActivity(true)]
Even after having changed the attribute to False, no new activities shows up the Conposer.

Thank you for your help,

Xavier

May 16, 2011 at 2:09 PM

I also did a test by duplicating this code in my own custom activity project that has been sucessfully loaded before, and the While activity doesn't shows up too.

I'm using .Net 4.0 on a x64 server.

Xavier

May 16, 2011 at 2:11 PM

Hi Xavier,

You don't need to build whole trident solution to use that.
I would recommend you, for your convenience, to take the files (of the required activity) out of the Trident solution and build it as separate projects, each activity as a separate project. After that you can import the dlls to the Trident Composer and assign it a particular category during import.

You need to go through the Trident programming guide on how to make custom activity for Trident. The code files present in the Trident source code will minimize your task of writing code for some trivial activities.

Please let us know if you find any issue in creating custom activities.

Regards,
Support Team

May 16, 2011 at 2:14 PM

This is what I did, I just built the TridentControlFlowActivities.csproj, and I've read the programming guide as well, and I have already did customs activities that I can use in a workflow.

This is now just the While activity that doens't show up.

Any idea on how to trace/trouvleshoot this ?

Thanks,
Xavier

May 16, 2011 at 2:18 PM

Hi Xavier,

Let me test it at my end. I will keep you posted on the updates.

Regards,
Support Team

May 16, 2011 at 2:50 PM

I found the issue that I have solved as follow :

• remove all my custom activities libraries,
  • remove the [HideActivity] attribute,
  • rebuild my library,
  • import the library WITHOUT ASKING TO UPDATE AN EXISTING

Now I can see the While activity !!!!!

Thanks,

Xavier

May 17, 2011 at 5:49 AM