Unable to register non-interactive execution node

Mar 23, 2011 at 12:57 AM
Edited Mar 23, 2011 at 2:33 AM

Hi,

I am having an issue with not being able to run any workflows in non-interactive mode. We have installed Trident 1.2.1 64 bit onto two separate servers each connecting to a remote sql server (SQL Server not express) .  Each server has a full install of Trident (blackboard, provenance and execution services). This setup works fine for the interactive mode but not for non-interactive. Under the management studio under nodes there is only one registered node being the local machine (INTERACTIVE) but there is no non-interactive node registered). All three Trident services are running (Blackboard and Exeuction) and have tried restarting each of these services but still has had no affect. Is there any way of registering the non-interactive node (other than a clean reinstall?)

Cheers,

David.

Edit:

It seems as though there is some issues with the provenance service on the machines. When I try to run the provenance.exe file from the command line I get an error saying that the file C:\Program Files\Microsoft Project Trident - A Scientific Workflow Workbench\Provenance.exe cannot be found, even though it can clearly be seen by the dir command. When I run this on my own local machine (a separate independent install used for testing), the file can be run from the command line (though an error is thrown during execution)

Could this be part of the issue?

Mar 23, 2011 at 1:06 PM

Hi,

Thank you showing interest in Trident.
Can you please tell us about the installation procedure of the Trident? Did you Install the Stand-Alone Version of Trident or the Windows HPC Server Version of Trident?

Regards,
Support Team

Mar 24, 2011 at 10:04 AM
Edited Mar 24, 2011 at 10:50 PM

Hi,
Installation was with the standalone version, I have duplicated this issue on another pc (32 bit, everything except registry on the local machine) connecting to the same sql server. Could it have to do with the sql server install?
Cheers,
David.

Mar 25, 2011 at 2:29 PM

Hi,

We are currently working on your issue. We are testing the solution on our test machine according to your system configuration. We will keep you posted on the updates.

Regards,
Support Team

Mar 29, 2011 at 4:23 PM

Hi,

We are working on your issue  with high priority. We will get back to you with a solution shortly.

Regards,
Support Team

Mar 31, 2011 at 6:15 PM

Hi,

Thank for your patience.
Yes, we can add a node to the existing Trident installation. The one way of doing that is installing Trident on a machine with “only execution service”. The detailed step for installing and adding a node is provided in the document Adding a node to existing trident installation. This will add a node to the existing Trident installation in INTERACTIVE mode only.

The second way of adding a node is connecting through the registry. In this method both of the machines can have full installation of all of the Trident services, as in this case. You can connect to the other registry with using the Advanced Connections option under the Connection tab in Trident Management Studio. To connect to a new Trident Registry please follow the steps given below.

1.    In Management Studio, click the Connection tab, which displays the corresponding toolbar.
2.    Click Advanced Connections to create a connection to a new Trident Registry.
3.    In the Microsoft SQL Server Connection Manager Dialog box, select the appropriate data store and Trident Registry database.
4.    Click Test Connection to verify the connection.
5.    Click Save As, if you want to save the connection for later use.
6.    Click Connect to connect Management Studio to the registry.

Finally, we want to add that the support team is still working on your issue and will come to you with a more convenient solution according to your setup soon. We will keep you posted on the updates.

Regards,
Trident Support Team