Executing workflow remotely shows no Processing Status in client

Feb 15, 2011 at 2:47 AM
Edited Feb 15, 2011 at 2:49 AM

I have set up two computers one as a client and one as the workflow host. The client is essentially a thin client (nothing except the workflow composer/management studio and the blackboard service), while the host has a full install. The client is connected to the hosts registry and when a workflow is run, no processing information is displayed while running ( such as status, cpu performance etc). However on the host computer, the monitor in management studio displays all this information. If I try to open the monitor on the client while the workflow is running I get an error saying "The selected job to be monitored does not exist".

Is there a way to view the processing status in the client machine or has this been done for a specific reason?

Cheers,

David.

edit: I have an image of this but can't seem to find the way to upload it, any hints?

Feb 15, 2011 at 2:06 PM

Hi,

Thank you for showing interest in Trident.

You can send the image at v-absing@microsoft.com .

Also, please send the information regarding the Trident users, whether the client is a valid Trident user, Client permission on the host computer, whether the client and host computers are in the same domain?
Is client has access permission for the database on the host computer? You can also send the system details for client and host computer, OS 32/64 bit.

Regards,
Support Team