Running x86 actvities in a x64 Trident instance

Dec 10, 2010 at 12:12 PM
Edited Dec 10, 2010 at 12:25 PM

Hi,

I've tried to import x86 activities in a x64 Trident Instance, but I keep getting errors. Shall I compile my activities for a x64 platform? The desirable scenario is to have a Trident server (x64) and users (working with their own x86 Trident Instance) importing their activities in the server. Cold you please let me know if this is possible?

Thanks

Susana

Dec 10, 2010 at 2:24 PM

Hi Susana,

We are currently testing this scenario on our test machines. We will keep you posted on the updates.

Please let us know in case you have any other questions/concerns.

Regards,
Trident Support Team

Dec 16, 2010 at 6:37 AM

Hi Susana,

Please find the response to your questions below.

<<The desirable scenario is to have a Trident server (x64) and users (working with their own x32 Trident Instance) importing their activities in the server. Could you please let me know if this is possible>>
Yes, this is possible in Trident. The custom activities you are creating in Trident are independent of the architecture. Please make sure while building any custom activity code for Trident, set the build Platform in Visual Studio to “Active(Any CPU)”.

<<I've tried to import x32 activities in a x64 Trident Instance, but I keep getting errors>>
Can you please share the activity code and the error log  with us at v-raaror@microsoft.com. Also, can you please let us know the build Platform you are targeting while creating the Trident custom activities?

Please let us know if you any questions/concerns.

Regards,
Trident Support Team

Dec 23, 2010 at 12:12 AM
Hi Susana,

Please find the response to your questions below.

<<The desirable scenario is to have a Trident server (x64) and users (working with their own x32 Trident Instance) importing their activities in the server. Could you please let me know if this is possible>>
Yes, this is possible in Trident. The custom activities you are creating in Trident are independent of the architecture. Please make sure while building any custom activity code for Trident, set the build Platform in Visual Studio to “Active(Any CPU)”.

<<I've tried to import x32 activities in a x64 Trident Instance, but I keep getting errors>>
Can you please share the activity code and the error log with us at v-raaror@microsoft.com. Also, can you please let us know the build Platform you are targeting while creating the Trident custom activities?

Please let us know if you any questions/concerns.

Regards,
Trident Support Team
Read the full discussion online.
To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (tridentworkflow@discussions.codeplex.com)
To start a new discussion for this project, email tridentworkflow@discussions.codeplex.com
You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.
Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com