Looking for activity and data

Sep 17, 2010 at 3:18 PM

I am a new user of Trident. I am trying to learn setting up a workflow through Tident Composer user's Guide. On page 24, PART 2: How to Create a Workflow, I am not able to locate from where I can download sample package (including type initialiser DLL and the InputDataGenerator) and the data files required for turorial. I would appreciate your comments.

Sep 17, 2010 at 7:01 PM

Hi,

Thanks for your interest in Trident.

We are looking into your concern. We will keep you posted on updates. 

Regards,
Trident Support Team

Sep 20, 2010 at 7:58 AM

Hi,

The samples mentioned in the programming guide was part of Trident v1.0 release. But while releasing Trident(Latest version is v1.2.1) to CodePlex, we did not move those samples due to licensing constraints in CodePlex.

So as part of CodePlex release, we have created new samples for explaining those features in Trident. You can find these samples at location http://tridentworkflow.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Samples&referringTitle=Home. These samples have a document which explains about the sample.

Hope these samples helps you in understanding of Trident.

Please let us know if you have any questions/concerns.
Thanks,
Trident support Team

Sep 20, 2010 at 5:18 PM

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I am wondering is it possible for you to share the previous sample (I  mean the sample that I was looking for and which was part of Trident v1.0 release) that is mentioned in the programing guide.

Thanks

Sanjeev

Sep 22, 2010 at 1:43 PM

Hi Sanjeev,

We are working on your issue. We will get back to you as soon as possible.

Regards,
Trident Support Team

Sep 23, 2010 at 10:30 AM

Hi Sanjeev,

We have uploaded the code for all the samples which was released as part of Tridentv1.0 release in samples page.

Or you can use the following link to download the sample http://tridentworkflow.codeplex.com/Project/Download/FileDownload.aspx?DownloadId=152335.

Please let us know if this is what you were looking for.
Thanks,
Trident Support Team

Sep 23, 2010 at 4:46 PM
Edited Sep 23, 2010 at 4:47 PM

Hi,

Thank you very much for providing the required files. I am trying to import an activity. The "Trident Management Studio User's Guide" says

Import a custom activity

• § Click an activity to display the Activity working pane.
  • § Click the Import button to import a custom activity.

I downloaded the zip file and unzip that to get the folder MyCustomActivities. 

Then I open the Registry Manager and click Activities> New> Unpack

It shows a folder Unpack in the Activities list. But I am not sure how to import the activity from the files that you provided.

When I select one of the existing activity, I see an option of Import but when I go into the folder MyCustomActivities, I do not see anything to select.

Could you please giude me through this?

Thanks.

Sep 23, 2010 at 4:55 PM

Hi,

I am trying to create a simple workflow. It would be great if you could go through the following and answer my questions.

I have a code which is written in C. It takes two data file as input (In1.txt and In2.txt), performs some calculations and produces two data files (out1.txt and out2.txt). These output files are given to another C code as inputs and this code produces one output (out3.txt) file. I want to create this workflow and display the results of out3.txt.  

I am guessing that I need to create an activity which will be a.out file with two input files. I am not sure about the steps. Do I need to write something in visual studio? Do you have any demonstration slides/video showing all the steps to create a simple workflow?  

Thanks.

Sep 28, 2010 at 7:14 PM
Edited Oct 4, 2010 at 11:06 AM

Hi,

We have created a document explaining the following

1. Steps for creating a custom workflow which invokes a function written in C from a custom activity.
  2. Steps for importing the activity which has the external dependencies.

You can download this document from http://tridentworkflow.codeplex.com/Project/Download/FileDownload.aspx?DownloadId=153345.

Also, the code explained in the document can be downloaded from http://tridentworkflow.codeplex.com/Project/Download/FileDownload.aspx?DownloadId=153316.

Please let us know if this answers all your questions.
Thanks,
Trident Support Team

Oct 1, 2010 at 8:37 AM

Hi,

Can you please let us know if the response answers your questions?

Thanks for choosing Trident,
Support Team

Oct 14, 2010 at 9:23 PM

Hi,

The document was really helpful. Thank you very much.

Sanjeev