TridentWorkflowHost.exe crashes

Sep 8, 2010 at 12:06 AM

Hi there,

I've installed Trident on a Windows Server 2008 R2 system.  (64bit)  I'm using SQL Server 2008 Standard.

After installation, I can run the cove sample but the Ocean Current produces an error message in the Workflow Composer.  The data seems to come through ok, but when I close the chart it crashes the Workflowhost.exe.    Here is the event log info:

Faulting application name: TridentWorkflowHost.exe, version: 1.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x4c518ec8

Faulting module name: KERNELBASE.dll, version: 6.1.7600.16385, time stamp: 0x4a5bdfe0

Exception code: 0xc000041d

Fault offset: 0x000000000000aa7d

Faulting process id: 0xcc4

Faulting application start time: 0x01cb4ee70a38309e

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Project Trident - A Scientific Workflow Workbench\Executor\TridentWorkflowHost.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\KERNELBASE.dll

Report Id: 58201b1e-bada-11df-9f3e-005056a60ecc

Sep 8, 2010 at 4:38 PM

Hi, 

One quick question, did you install the 64 bit version of Trident installer? 

For us to analyze the crash, can you please share us the following log files by sending mail to tridentp@microsoft.com?

1. wfexecutor.log and %guid%wfexecutor.log(for example 538a2c90-7048-4bf0-b112-be5dd4740abawfexecutor.log) from path “C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Research\Trident\Logs\Execution”
  2. ExecutionTrayAppTrace.log from “%appdata%\Research\Trident\Logs\TrayApp\”

Note: If files are large can you please compress the files and send it to us? 

Once we analyze the log files we will be in a position to give more details on the crash.

Please let us know if you have any questions.
Thanks,
Trident Support Team

Sep 8, 2010 at 6:55 PM

Yes sir.  I installed the 64 bit version.  I just double checked and when I look at the processes running, I see TridentExecutorTray.exe and there isn’t a *32 after the Image name.

Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2010 12:39 PM
To: Anderson, Chris (CJ)
Subject: Re: TridentWorkflowHost.exe crashes [tridentworkflow:226396]

Hi,

For us to analyze the crash, can you please share us the following log files by sending mail to tridentp@microsoft.com?

1. wfexecutor.log and %guid%wfexecutor.log(for example 538a2c90-7048-4bf0-b112-be5dd4740abawfexecutor.log) from path “C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Research\Trident\Logs\Execution”

Once we analyze the log files we will be in a position to give more details on the crash.

Thanks,
Trident Support Team

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (tridentworkflow@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email tridentworkflow@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Sep 8, 2010 at 7:05 PM

I sent you the logs as requested.

Hi,

Thanks,
Trident Support Team

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (tridentworkflow@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email tridentworkflow@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Sep 8, 2010 at 7:13 PM

Do you have a different email address?  I’m getting an underliverable.

Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2010 3:05 PM
To: 'tridentworkflow@discussions.codeplex.com'
Subject: RE: TridentWorkflowHost.exe crashes [tridentworkflow:226396]

I sent you the logs as requested.

Hi,

Thanks,
Trident Support Team

Sep 9, 2010 at 3:08 AM

Hi,

Can you please send the log files to v-vichan@microsoft.com?

Thanks,
Trident Support Team

Sep 9, 2010 at 1:33 PM

Sent.

Sent: Wednesday, September 08, 2010 11:09 PM

Hi,

Can you please send the log files to v-vichan@microsoft.com?

Thanks,
Trident Support Team

Sep 9, 2010 at 2:54 PM

Hi,

Thank you for sending the log files. But we were not able to identify the exact problem with those log files.

As next step towards identifying the problem, can you please send all log files from location “C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Research\Trident\Logs\Execution”?
If the files size is more can you please compress the files and send it?

As a workaround, can you please restart the trident tray application? Please let us know if this works for you.

Plese let us know if you have any issues/concerns.
Thanks,
Trident Support Team

Sep 9, 2010 at 10:09 PM

Hey there.  I rebooted the system just to be on the safe side and that didn’t resolve the issue.  Again, the Ocean current simulation seems to run just fun but when I close the chart it crashes.

I’ll send the log files now to the email address you listed.

Sent: Thursday, September 09, 2010 10:54 AM

Hi,

Thank you for sending the log files. But we were not able to identify the exact problem with those log files.

As next step towards identifying the problem, can you please send all log files from location “C:\Windows\System32\config\systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\Research\Trident\Logs\Execution”?
If the files size is more can you please compress the files and send it?

As a workaround, can you please restart the trident tray application? Please let us know if this works for you.

Plese let us know if you have any issues/concerns.
Thanks,
Trident Support Team

Sep 13, 2010 at 7:57 AM

Hi,

We have received all your log files. We are currently analyzing the log file to come out with an explanation about the problem and possible solution for solving the problem.

We will keep you updated on the progress.

Please let us know if you have any concerns/issues.
Thanks,
Trident Support Team

Sep 13, 2010 at 12:36 PM

Thank you.  I appreciate it.

Sent: Monday, September 13, 2010 3:58 AM

Hi,

We have received all your log files. We are currently analyzing the log file to come out with an explanation about the problem and possible solution for solving the problem.

We will keep you updated on the progress.

Please let us know if you have any concerns/issues.
Thanks,
Trident Support Team

Sep 14, 2010 at 1:33 PM
This discussion has been copied to a work item. Click here to go to the work item and continue the discussion.