Trident Installation Error

Jul 20, 2010 at 3:58 AM

Hello,

I am trying to install Trident 1.2 on my machine with Windows Server 2008.

I noticed that Trident requires SQL Server to be pre-installed. I tried the following:

1. I installed SQL Server 2005 Express Edition SP2. Then I tried installing Trident ... selected the SQLExpress server from the dropdown and proceeded with the installation. The installation failed with error code 2869.

2. I uninstalled SQL Server 2005 Express Edition. Then I installed SQL Server 2008 Express Edition SP1. Then I tried installing Trident ... did not find any option in the server dropdown, even though SQL Server 2008 was installed successfully. Then I selected the 'Customize' option and entered the SQL Server as localhost\SQLExpress as mentioned in the Developer On-boarding Guide for Trident. The test connection to server succeeded, which indicates that the server installation was fine. Then I proceeded with the Trident installation and it failed yet again with the same error code 2869.

In both the cases, it said check the <somename>.log file in the user temp folder. I looked into users/<myusername>/AppData/Local/Temp folder and I did not find any log file there.

Can you help me with understanding the error here ?

Thanks,

Prashant 

Jul 20, 2010 at 7:13 AM

Hi Prashant,

We need to get an installer log to find out what is happenning there. Please follow the steps below to generate an installer log.

1. Open Command Prompt

2. Change directory to installer location

3. Run command:

For 32 bit machine: msiexec -i Trident-x86.msi -l*v TridentInstaller.log

For 64 bit machine: msiexec -i Trident-x86.msi -l*v TridentInstaller.log

A log file with name TridentInstaller.log will be created at the installer location. Please share the log file with us. We'll analyze it and get back to you at the earliest.

Regards,

Jayanta

Jul 20, 2010 at 7:15 PM
Hi Jayanta, I followed the steps and have a log file with me. Can you send me an email on prashantsabhnani@hotmail.com and I will reply with the log file as an attachment. I don't see a way to attach the log file with this discussion. Thanks, Prashant
Jul 21, 2010 at 5:27 AM

Hi Prashant,

You can send the log file and any other query to tridentp@microsoft.com.

Thanks,

Trident Support Team

Jul 21, 2010 at 5:46 AM

Hello Jayanta,

My mail sent to tridentp@microsoft.com is bouncing back. Did you receive any mail from prashantsabhnani@hotmail.com?

Thanks,

Prashant

Jul 21, 2010 at 6:14 AM

Hi Prashant,

Can you please send it to v-vichan@microsoft.com and v-japodd@microsoft.com?

Thanks,

Trident Support Team

Jul 21, 2010 at 6:17 AM
Hi Vinay, The log file reads right before it rollbacked. Error 1001. MSI (s) (3C!28) [15:08:24:411]: MSI (s) (3C:BC) [15:08:24:412]: Leaked MSIHANDLE (67) of type 790531 for thread 3112 MSI (s) (3C:BC) [15:08:24:412]: Note: 1: 2769 2: DatabaseInstall 3: 1 DEBUG: Error 2769: Custom Action DatabaseInstall did not close 1 MSIHANDLEs. The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2769. The arguments are: DatabaseInstall, 1, Please check TridentSetup.log in the user temp folder for more details. Action ended 15:08:24: InstallFinalize. Return value 3. Thanks, Regards, Ashish Bhangale
Jul 21, 2010 at 6:53 AM

Hi Ashish/Prashsant,

We are looking into this issue. If we need any other details we will get back to you.

We will keep you posted on the updates.

Thanks,

Trident Support Team

Jul 21, 2010 at 6:31 PM

Hi Ashish/Prashsant,

Can you please try to install trident with a different database name and please let us know whether this solved your problem?

We were also facing similar issue in one of the developer machine. But when we looked into the issue, it was due to a database with same name which already created and the setup was unable to drop the database to some permission issue.

Note: We were able to delete the database from SQL management studio.

Please let us know if you need any other information.

Thanks,

Trident Support Team

Jul 22, 2010 at 3:52 AM

Hi Vinay,

I tried to install Trident with a different database name 'Trident1'.

But I got an error prompt: Failed to read IIsWebs table. (-2147024891      )

Then the Setup Wizard ended prematurely.

Thanks,

Prashant

Jul 22, 2010 at 5:52 AM

Hi Prashant,

I think UAC is enabled in your system. Please run Trident installer from administrator command prompt if UAC is enabled and you opt for installing Trident Web Client. You can find detailed steps in Trident Installation Guide : http://tridentworkflow.codeplex.com/Project/Download/FileDownload.aspx?DownloadId=129208. Please refer to Step 3 of "How to Enable Silverlight Workflow Applications" in this document.

Thanks,

Trident Support Team

Jul 22, 2010 at 6:07 AM

Hi,

I am running the installer from an administrator command prompt as suggested in the second post by the Trident team in this thread.

Also, I uninstalled SQL Server and reinstalled SQL Server 2008 R2 Express again. Then, I tried the installation using an administrator command window and got the error code 2869 again ! And this time I used the database name 'Trident1', although it shouldn't really matter as it is now a fresh installation of SQL Server 2008 R2.

Thanks,

Prashant

Jul 23, 2010 at 4:48 PM

Hello,

Thanks for all the help ! I was able to install Trident 1.2 successfully after installing .NET Framework 4.0 RTM and changing the name of the database.

Thanks,

Prashant